ANDRITZ Successfully Starts up Pulp Production Equipment for Bracell’s STAR Project
Project STAR is one of the largest and most sustainable pulp mills in the world, operating with the highest environmental standards.
ANDRITZ has successfully started up key production equipment for the first of two environmentally-friendly hardwood pulp production lines supplied for Bracell’s “STAR” project in Lençóis Paulista, São Paulo.
The second line is expected to be started up by the end of September 2021.
Project STAR features two flexible, environmentally-friendly hardwood fiberlines for a capacity of 2.6 to 2.8 million tonnes/year of bleached kraft pulp or 1.5 million tonnes/year of dissolving pulp made from sustainably cultivated eucalyptus.
List of Paper Mill in Pune: Paper Mill in Pune
The ANDRITZ A-ConFlexTM continuous kraft and dissolving pulping technology enables flexibility in the production of high-quality dissolving pulp and kraft pulp. With this delivery, ANDRITZ once again confirms its position as the only technology supplier with solid references and experience in the continuous cooking of dissolving pulp. With a capacity of 13,000 TPD, the ANDRITZ HERBTM recovery boiler is the largest in the world. It will make the mill self-sufficient in energy supply and additionally produce around 180 megawatts of green energy for the Brazilian grid. This covers the energy consumption of about three million people in the region.
The ANDRITZ scope of supply includes:
- a complete, high-capacity wood processing plant, enhanced with state-of-the-art ANDRITZ IIoT Smart Woodyard solutions to ensure optimum chip quality,
- two flexible fiberlines with DD-Washer technology,
- the largest EvoDryTM Pulp Drying System in the world, with two energy-efficient pulp drying lines and equipped with the Metris DryQ smart pulp drying solution and Metris remote connection to ensure a fast start-up,
- an ANDRITZ HERB recovery boiler,
- a non-condensable gas (NCG) treatment system.